🛠️ Tuesday February 15th, 2022
The Safety Spot website is currently down. We do not know when it will be restored. We apologize for the inconvenience. All training files are currently stored in Box. Please review the training by following the links below and email email@example.com to confirm which training you have completed.
Our goal is to make access to the studio equipment as easy and efficient as possible. However, some basic training is required to make sure users stay safe and equipment works well.
All members must first view an online orientation to gain access to the makerspace. You can view the online orientation here : Jubel Makerspace AY2021-2022 Online Orientation and Safety Training. Please ignore any references to a quiz – the quiz is temporarily unavailable.
To get access to some equipment, like the 3D printers, band-saw, and drill press, members must complete further training. You only need to complete the training for equipment that you wish to use. Please ignore any references to quizzes in the training – quizzes are temporarily unavailable.
- 3D Printing Basics (online only)
- This includes information on how to use 3DPrinterOS to submit your 3D prints. After completing this module, you can complete advanced training for each of our 3D printers.
- Electronics Bench and Soldering Safety (online only)
- Bandsaw Training (online , then in-person)
- Drill Press training (online , then in-person)
- Bantam Mini-mill online training (online , then in-person)
- Inkscape: Creating and Editing Vector Images for Laser Cutting and Bantam MiniMill (online only)
- Laser cutter training (online , then in-person) – Requires Inkscape training
3D PRINTING (Printer Specific)
- After completing the 3D printing Basics training, you may complete:
HANDHELD POWER TOOLS