Our goal is to make access to the studio equipment as easy and efficient as possible. However, some basic training is required to make sure users stay safe and equipment works well.
Members will need to enroll in the Spartan Light Metal Products Makerspace course to access the training modules.
- All members must complete the AY2022 – 2023 annual orientation for the academic year in order to use the studio. Membership will be active for July 1st, 2022 through June 30th, 2022.
- To get access to some equipment, like the 3D printers, band-saw, and drill press, members will also complete further training. You only need to complete the training for equipment that you wish to use.
Current WashU Students, Faculty, and Staff should use their WUSTL email to log into WashU Extended Learning.
Self-enroll into the SLMP Makerspace course to gain membership and complete equipment training.
If you have issues enrolling, try using an incognito/private window to access the links. Both steps may require that you log in with your WUSTL single sign-on (and DUO authentication if you’re off campus).
- Step 1: Links to WashU Extended Learning
- Step 2: Links to WUSTL Box
- If you created a “regular” Microsoft Box account with your WUSTL email, you will need to contact WUIT to merge it with your WUSTL Box account.
If you have issues logging into the Canvas Student app directly, first follow Step 1 and Step 2 above using a regular browser. Once you are enrolled in the course, you can then add it to your Canvas Student app. You may need another device for this!
In the app:
- Select the dashed line on the top left (next to Dashboard) to expand the menu and select Change user.
- If you don’t see the wustl-catalog.instructure.com option, then select the QR Code option and follow the Locate QR code instructions for the WashU Extended Learning platform. You may need to load the QR image on a separate screen.
- Once you scan your profile’s QR code, you will be automatically logged into the platform and should see the SLMP Makerspace course on your dashboard.
This is different from WashU MyCanvas which is the primary instance of Canvas for Washington University in St. Louis.
The SLMPM training course is set up on the WashU Extended Learning platform which provides access not-for-credit, continuing education, professional development, and other programs.
Bookmark wustl-catalog.instructure.com/login/saml for direct access to the WashU Extended Learning platform.