The Spartan Light Metal Products Makerspace is a place where Washington University students, faculty, and staff will bring innovative ideas to life and join together to develop ideas that will impact the community and the world. We welcome both those who are new to making and experienced makers into a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment.
Due to COVID-19, the Makerspace is open by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled for 1-5 PM Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Please email Ruth Okamoto and Charlotte Guertler to set up a time.
- In addition to general and equipment-specific Makerspace training, users must complete a COVID-19 training module on Safety Spot before their first visit to the Makerspace.
- During this phase of re-opening, only research-related projects are allowed.
- All payment must be through interdepartmental charge.
- Prints will be prepared off site and submitted using an online form on Safety Spot. Makerspace staff will start the print job and notify the user when it is ready for pick up.
Laser Cutter, Hand Tools, and/or Power Tools:
- User will operate equipment in the presence of Makerspace staff.
- Users must wash hands when entering and before leaving the Makerspace. Users must also wipe down work areas and equipment with disinfectant.